Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Night of Luxury

One night at the Borrowdale Gates Hotel......bliss. It is still in the Lake District and we treated ourselves to bed, dinner and breakfast. The back garden had upmarket sheep wandering and the chap in the next door paddock was giving a sheep dog demonstration. Country life by the lakes....




We went to the bar whereupon the girl asked what size wine I would like. I said standard, John said I should treat myself to a large one. Yes said the girl, you know you'll only have more of them if they're small. I asked John if he had been spreading untrue rumors about me, when she said oh yes, he phoned ahead!

The rooms were very nice indeed, large enough for a party and super comfy. I could have stayed a few more days easily.


 
This hotel is well known for fine dining and we just loved it. Mouth melting dinners and an appetizing breakfast, even worth getting up early for. But not too early....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment