Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bellagio

'Bellll-ar-gee-oh, Bellll-ar-gee-oh'.... calls the ferry man, and silly me I've paid him before I got to the other side!

A day trip on the ferry to Bellagio, a lovely way to spend a day. The main part of this town is very touristy, probably the most turistico of all, and therefore, full of Cousins and Germans, restaurants and shops. However, walk out of the town into the back blocks and it's a different story. Quite gentrified with nice houses and plots of land, very green and nicely laid out. Big long walk, up and down hills and cobble stones.


On the way back to the ferry, we walked through the town and visited a lovely leather shop. I chose a bag, cause I could, and told the man I was a regular customer, as I had been here two years ago to buy my wallet. He said I shouldn't leave it so long between visits, but when I mentioned Australia, he understood and gave me a discount for loyalty. He said I should use the money I had saved wisely and buy my long suffering husband a drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment