Friday, June 14, 2013

Wedding...Glasgow style

Across the road is a venue which hosts weddings. Sunday was a slow day, and I opted to cook a Chilli, do some washing and watch the French Open Men's Final, all at the same time. Then I noticed a wedding was on, evident by the piper standing out the front. You're not really married in Scotland if you don't have a piper, just pretending to be. Right Celia?


Everyone loves to photo the Piper

Anyway, the whole production began about 3.15pm. The piper began his piping and a selection of guests rolled in. At 3.50pm a bus turned up with all the important guests, another feature Celia stole for her wedding to Scottish Tony.


All the while this bloody Red Taxicab keeps circling with 70's music blaring out of the open windows, quite a distraction. John reckons it the Bride's ex-husband getting square.

 
 

At 4.20pm the Bridesmaids arrived in a Daimler Sovereign, nothing was too good for this lot, however, do bear in mind the first guests arrived over an hour ago. Also bear in mind, I'm trying to cook, watch the tennis and take photos of the Bride so you lot can see how it all turns out


Every time the piper starts up, I run to the window to catch her, but no, no, no.
Where the bloody hell is she?
I look out again, the piper has disappeared, there's still no Bride. I look again at 5.20pm and the Bridal car is there, empty, but she wasn't piped in. I was beside myself. Was the Groom jilted? I saw the piper walk off after his 2+ hour stint. This was very sad.


 Sorry no photos of the Bride, and indeed, probably no wedding. The red carpet was being rolled up and this was about 6pm.
John and I were walking out, so I just had to be the nosy parker I am, and go see. I walked into the hall, a public place but was told I couldn't come in today as there was a wedding on.
What!!!
I can only conclude that she was dropped off at the back of the building and not the front where every body else went in.
Bugger.....

No comments:

Post a Comment