Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day Trip to Edinburgh

Can't come to this end of Britain without visiting Edinburgh, especially considering The Scotch Malt Whisky rooms are here.
The train service is terrific, they run 8 trains every hour, and it only takes about 45 mins.



We chose a hotel close to the station, so an easy walk to a very enjoyable stay at The Scotsman Hotel. I'm not used to this sort of upmarketness, but I could get used to it. A very friendly greeting, a big room,



 great view, my own office - they obviously know how busy I am,


bed turn down.......


 and a very tasty breakfast - soft poached eggs with smoked salmon. John went the Full Scottish style, black pudding and all.
Yep, I could get used to this.
A Scotch Malt Whisky tasting followed an extensive walk around the back blocks of the Castle City and not a drop of water from the sky, and not too many drops in the whisky either!

No comments:

Post a Comment