Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hire Car

I drive around Melbourne constantly whinging about people who drive 4 wheel drives. Can't see round them, can't see through them. Imagine my horror when I was presented with one to leave Glasgow in. We had ordered a Skoda Octavia, which is probably about the size of a Honda Accord.......anyway.
With some trepidation I got in our Nissan Qashqai, known in Australia as a Dualis. I felt quite grown up cause you sit very high and get a good view of everybody down below. It's very comfy, has a sun roof for the entire length of the car, a roomy boot for our big red suitcases and all the rest of the crap we accumulate travelling and rear view cameras which make reverse parallel parking, a snap. It also has nifty wipers and headlights that like to operate themselves when it's wet or dark. Saves me having to think, so that's a plus. The gear change is easy, but sadly it has no guts. Had to move down to second gear to go up a hill!


Still she looks pretty.....


No comments:

Post a Comment