Monday, May 13, 2013

Bayonne

We went for our Wedding Anniversary to Bayonne, right down south very close to the Spanish border. A beautiful place with bridges and a river, very much like Bordeaux but smaller. This is where we have some of our best holiday food.
We chose a hotel very close to the station for convenience and could easily walk into the centre of town later. It started raining on the train and by the time we alighted it was pissing down. It's ok, the Hotel is just round the corner. My sense of direction is hopeless, but I'm safe cause I have The Animal to guide me. Not on this occasion, he got bloody lost! We walked 15 minutes longer than we should have.
 This is not the first time John has taken the long way to walk me up the garden path!
However, having said that, I stuffed the booking. I booked for Wed and Thurs night, instead of Thurs and Fri. When I rang to change the booking, the girl said I could not because they were 'Complet'.
 Crap.
So I got on the Accor website and successfully booked the Friday night. How does that work? Fact is, I don't care, it did.
We had a fabulous room with a river view, even though it was pouring le chat et le chien.




My view in the rain..........

1 comment: