Monday, May 27, 2013

Transition to Lake Como

Breakfast at Hotel Berna would have to be the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. The variety, the amount, the freshness of the produce and the promptness with which things are replenished are second to none. One does not hurry a breakfast like this unless absolutely necessary.
When we here 2 years ago, there was one particular attendant who always made sure I had fresh cold milk to take back to my room for afternoon coffee. Once he even came running after me cause I had forgotten it.
He appeared to genuinely happy to see us back, even patted my arm, which is quite familiar for one in his position. When we left the breakfast room, he extended his hand to shake and cover, a warm and friendly gesture and wished us  good journey. We said Ciao, see you in 2 weeks time.....Lucky us!

Another example of 'tipico degli italiani' we received an email from Lake Como Holiday Homes telling us that there would be no internet access for the 2 weeks we would be in Fiumelatte, as somebody else had booked it. Well, you can imagine my reaction....I shot off an email telling them what I thought and that they should probably reconsider, or words to that effect.
Reply 12 hours later to apologise for the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment