Sunday, May 5, 2013

Isle of Wight

John has been promising to take me to the Isle of Wight for 10 years. It took his cousin to actually get me there. Thank you Elaine.
 
We walked piers all over the island and always to the end. I very much enjoyed the island, a mixture of stately, tacky and rural.
 
The weather was very good considering  the last  couple of weeks, but on the IOW everyone was stripped and on the beach, I feel some very sore little, or not so little, bodies the next day!

The old deck chair was not so much in demand considering one has to pay to use them. But I'm told in August the place is packed.
 
 When John last came to IOW, which was about 50 years ago, there were no ATMs, there were no mobile phone, there were no personal computers and a tablet was something you took for a headache, not an Ipad. Since he uses none of these things, nothing has changed much for him. For the rest of us, however, life moves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment