Monday, May 13, 2013

Maison du Cassoulet

Our second night in Bayonne. Again I chose the restaurant, I seem to be on a roll. I really wanted to have the duck breast with a pepper sauce that I spied on the chalk board outside. We chose to eat inside cause it was cold and this time we got in nice and early, around 8.15.
John did the ordering, he's getting pretty good at it now, but sadly for me, the Duck was off. Do you remember the Fawlty Towers episode with the duck? If you don't, go look for it....Anyway I could have Duck that was grilled and served with Fois Gras. Why not, just ladle the calories on...
The final product......good enough to eat. John had the Chipiron a la plancha, baby squid tossed on a hot steel plate that was magnificent.
Another night to remember......



1 comment:

  1. It is getting painful reading your blogs and having to look at these pictures of gorgeous grub !!

    I'm still recovering from the 'to die for' cheese and bread of a few days ago.

    You're certainly having some entertaining experiences but that's what travel is all about. Some would say it's character building??

    Keep the blogs rolling in; they're much appreciated.

    Rx

    ReplyDelete