Tuesday, May 21, 2013

To Montpeller

Onwards and upwards. Another day, another walk to the station lugging our huge red suitcases. The train comes in and John loads the cases while I find our seats. But , of course, Madame is in my seat. I tell her to get out, very nicely in French, but she declines, saying she is in the right seat!
"Regardez" she says....showing me her ticket.
"Non, vous regardez" I say....right seat, wrong carriage!
As I move backwards into another seat, so she can slink off, I am set upon by a group of 4 assertive German women (are there any other sort of German women?) telling me, that I am in their seat!
Meanwhile, Madame is slowly packing up her things and will eventually move out of my seat.
Question is, will I still be alive to sit in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment